Iran tour: The Mountainous Land of Ancient Persia
Travel ID: CAT/02
The alluring magic of travel becomes more attractive as you journey in a destination with picturesque natural beauties next to rich cultural attractions. You definitely experience this feeling in Iran. Besides visiting the Persian history in Tehran’s national museum or the stunning world heritage sites of Persepolis, Pasargadae, and Imam Square you will see the beautiful steady Zagros Mountains, the longest mountain range in the country. It is in Zagros that the most important and living rivers of west and south-west of Iran, Karun and Zayandeh Rood, originate from. One day you will see the ancient Jame Mosque with fabulous blue-sky tiles or the Pink Mosque of Shiraz, and the other day you will explore through the mountains that have been the home to Bakhtiari Nomads for centuries. Enjoy staying in the Caravansarai style hotel in the central desert of Iran, Matinabad eco-camp which is the first and only desert eco-camp in Iran.
Iran Tour Itinerary Duration
15 Days & 14 Nights
- TehranDay 01Arrive at Tehran Airport IKA, greetings and transfer to the hotel.
- TehranDay 02Full day city tour of Tehran
- Tehran- Golpayegan- DaranDay 03
Early morning, leave Tehran to Golpayegan via Qom, visit the shrine in Qom from outside and Faeziyeh theological university. Continue to Gugad (visit mudbrick fortress) and Golpayegan (visit austere Jameh Mosque from Seljuq times – early 12th century AD), arrive at Khoyghan Village with Armenian Christians, continue to Daran.
- Daran- Chelgerd KuhrangDay 04Drive from Daran via Dimeh spring to Chelgerd. Make excursion direction Zardekuh mountain and visit Sheikh Ali Khan waterfall and nomad area, hike to Kuhrang spring. Then back to Ghanbari khan’s tent where you will see the view of nomads trail across Zardkuh Pass( Bahar Ro).
- Kuhrang- YasujDay 05Drive via Shahryari Doab Samsami to Bazoft Valley which is hub of migrations of Bakhtiari nomads, then via Ardal, Naghan to Choqhakhor Lake, then continue to Yasuj via Bildaji and Gandoman.
- Yasuj-ShirazDay 06Drive to Shiraz. Have half day city tour in Shiraz.
- Shiraz -PersepolisDay 07Make an excursion to Persepolis & Naghsh e Rostam necropolis. Drive back to Shiraz and visit Shah Cheragh Sanctuary, Hafez Mausoleum.
- YazdDay 09Full day city tour of Yazd.
- Yazd- Meybod-Nain-IsfahanDay 10Drive to Isfahan, en route visit beautiful caravanserai in Meybod , sightseeing in Nain then continue to Isfahan.
- IsfahanDay 11Full day city tour of Isfahan.
- Isfahan-Matinabad CampDay 12Half a day city tour in Isfahan, then leave the city to Matin Abad for a desert camp.
- MatinabadDay 13Camel ride to Sands hill (about 3 hours) and return to Matinabad camp. In the late afternoon, drive about 18 km to Badrud and visit Agha Aliabbas sanctuary. Return to camp. At night, watching the stars through the clear Sky of Desert.
- Matinabad-Abyaneh-Kashan-TehranDay 14Early morning dive from Matinabad to the beautiful village of Abyaneh then drive to Tehran via Kashan sightseeing in Kashan then continue to Tehran.
- Tehran -DepartureDay 15Transfer to the airport and flight back.
Tours to Iran
- Archaeological museum, Golestan palace
- Jameh Mosque from Seljuq times – early 12th century AD
- Zardekuh mountain
- Sheikh Ali Khan waterfalland Nomad area
- Bazoft Valley which is hub of migrations of Bakhtiari nomads
- Nasir ol Molk mosque
- Persepolis (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- Naghshe Rostam
- Mir Chaqmaq Complex
- Imam Square (UNESCO World Heritage) biggest Square in the world.
- Matinabad desert Eco – Camp
- Tour guide
The prices include
- Accommodation in the hotels as per program
- Generally half board or full board
- All transfers
- All land transportation
- Tour guide
- Entrance fees according to program
- Visa support
- Tip and portages in restaurants and hotels
Send an Enquiry
Iran tour: Tehran, Isfahan, Yasuj, Shiraz, Yazd