En Route with the Persian Bakhtiar
Travel ID: CAT/01
The proximity of fertile plains and mountains in Iran facilitates the transhumance of nomads between summer and winter meadows and pastures in search of grazing for their animals. In such a setting, several different tribes of nomads live whose unique lifestyle, colorful costumes and distinctive textiles have long been a source of attraction for visitors seeking a delightful opportunity to witness the remaining of nomadic migrations.
In their annual or seasonal migrations, nomads move from their winter resort locations to summer grazing lands along with their animals and move back to their winter resort locations again when it gets cold.
From dozens of different tribes, Bakhtiyari and Qashghaye nomads are more famous for their origins, their set of clothes, their tribal structures and traditions and for the scenic beauty of their camping sites.
Tour Itinerary Duration
15 Days & 14 Nights
- TehranDay 01Welcome at Tehran International Airport IKA and transfer to your hotel.
- Tehran-ShirazDay 02Half day city tour in Tehran. Late afternoon flight to Shiraz.
- Shiraz-Yasouj (170 km)Day 04Half day city tour in Shiraz and after that, drive to Yasouj.
- Yasouj-Vastegan-Cheshme Ab-e Sard (210 km)Day 05Early morning Drive to Vastegan. Continue from Vastegan by minibus in the Sabzkuh valley about 16 kilometers to Cheshme Ab-e Sard area (2450m). En route stop at Vastegan gorge and, along the lonely road in Sabzkuh valley, meet nomads in their camps.
- Cheshme Ab-e Sard - Tang-e Zendan (20 km)Day 06Drive by minibus close to Tang-e Zendan viewpoint (2800m). En route meet nomads. Trek about 4 hours in Tang-e Zendan area. Return by minibus to Camp in Cheshme Ab-e Sard area
- Cheshme Ab-e Sard area - Cheshme Chehrazgon area (about 15 km)Day 07Trek about 6 hours along Sabzkuh river. During this trek you will stop at Bardboland nomad camp. Arrive in Cheshme Chehrazgon area (2350m).
- Cheshme Chehrazgon area – Chehraz area (about 15 kmDay 08After 5 hours trekking, arrive at the lonely road in Sabzkuh valley (1950m). Drive to Cheshme Sar Khor and have a little trekking.
- Chehraz area – Ladjan mountain – Tang-e Laghar pass (about 15 km)Day 09After arriving near Tang-e Laghar pass (2500m), the group will trek for 3 – 4 hours.En route there are some small nomad camps.
- Lajan mountain –Durak - Isfahan (trek 15 km) Drive: 230 kmDay 10Arrive at Durak, after visit its area drive to Isfahan.
- IsfahanDay 13Full day city tour of Isfahan.
- IsfahanDay 12Full day city tour of Isfahan.
- Matin Abad-Abyaneh-Qom-TehranDay 14Drive to Tehran,en route visit beautiful mountainous village of Abyaneh,continue to Qom and visit Fatima’s sanctuary from outside, arrive to Tehran.
- TehranDay 15Departure.
Tours to Iran
- Archaeological museum, Golestan palace
- Persepolis (UNESCO World Heritage )
- Nagh – e Rostam
- Hafiz Tomb
- Ali ebn Hamzeh Mausoleum
- Narenjastan Garden
- Bakhtiari Nomad
- Tang-e Zendan
- Sabzkuh river
- Bardboland nomad camp
- Naghshe Jahan Sq
- Ali Qapou palace
- Tour guide
The prices include
- Accommodation in the hotels as per program
- Generally half board or full board
- All transfers
- All land transportation
- Tour guide
- Entrance fees according to program
- Visa support
- Tip and portages in restaurants and hotels
Send an Enquiry